American Public School was established in 1995 in DLF City Phase-II, to impart quality education imbibing Montessori Philosophy and methodology along with traditional education. It is a co-educational English medium school affiliated to C.B.S.E. and running systematically on the 10+2 C.B.S.E. pattern.
The school is located in a picturesque locality close to the Delhi - Jaipur highway, thus being easily accessible to students from South Delhi, DLF and Gurgaon areas.
American Public School is a spacious, offering warm intimate environment combined with modern day facilities for students emerging in to rapidly changing world. The Montessori Wing situated at Cassia Marg, DLF City, Phase-II, and the Senior Wing is located at L-Block, DLF City, Phase-II.
- American Public School aims to help the child in many ways by pursuing his/ her individual interests so that he/ she gains enthusiasm for learning, which is the key to becoming a truly educated person.
- A personalised approach in which each child is respected as on individual, he/ she discovers the joy of learning, sharing and friendship.
- A totally prepared environment awaits the absorbent mind of the child. Each piece of apparatus is designed to give the child a new experience and to develop a specific concept.
- Emphasis is laid on understanding concepts and learning skills rather than cramming facts. Different learning styles of individuals are kept in mind in observance of the uniqueness of every student.
- Freedom of movement and speech is stressed in order to assist each child's potential for physical, social, emotional, intellectual and spiritual growth.
- Low student - teacher ratio is maintained to enable the teachers to observe and work at the child's level of readiness.
- The teacher acts as a catalyst and facilitator. She is trained to be a keen observer and is able to direct and guide the child.
- Montessori children are generally characterized by their self discipline, self knowledge, independence and enthusiasm for learning.
- To achieve all round personality development, the child will have opportunities each day for individual work-group activities, cooperative play and interaction with other children and teachers.
2 years 3 month & above (Children who have missed the deadline of turning 2.5 years by April 1st)
2.5 years & above (by April 1st)
3.5 years & above (by April 1st)
4.5 years & above (by April 1st)
5.5 years & above (by April 1st)
The child's age as well as emotional maturity is taken into consideration for placement into our programme and for promotion to next level.
- At our Senior Wing, emphasis is on academic excellence along with involvement in cultural and co-curricular activities. Students that journey from primary to senior secondary are taken through a rich amalgamation of Montessori and the traditional forms of education.
- Students are active participants in the learning process and are encouraged to become lifelong learners.
- Emphasis is laid on character building, honesty, truthfulness, fearlessness and team spirit.
- A well structured curriculum not only incorporates academic skills but also life skills such as creative thinking, problem solving and stress management.
- Well trained and qualified staff are committed to provide excellence in education. Our in-house teacher training workshops keep teachers abreast of latest techniques of imparting knowledge.
- Low student-teacher ratio leads to greater interaction participation.
- Established programmes support each facet of the academic approach thus helping the students for their future endeavours.
- We follow a systematic method of evaluation of our students. Projects and activity based worksheets, internal assessments are some methods cultivated to assess the student's progress in class. The emphasis here is to inculcate in each student an enquiring mind and not merely the acquisition of knowledge.
- Students explore the world of science through activities,observations and discussions in our well equipped laboratories for Physics, Chemistry and Biology, Computer and Maths.
- Our well stocked library includes volumes of encyclopedias and reference books that can be used as learning resources.
- The state of the art computer laboratory ensures our students are well versed in latest technology.
- Environmental studies forms an integral part of our curriculum.
The school follows C.B.S.E.curriculum. A continuous comprehensive system of evaluation,project assessment and activity based learning is emphasised.
Students can opt for any one of the subject combinations.
- Pure science Group
- Technology Group
- Commerce Group
- Humanities Group