Our Programmes & Curriculum
||Age as on 31st March, 2023
| Transition: Montessori I
Transition: Montessori II
| 2 years, 3 months & above
2 years, 6 months & above
|Montessori III (nursery)
|3 years, 6 months & above
4 years, 6 months & above
Montessori I to IV
Young children have a natural desire to explore and learn from the environment at their own pace. AMPS believes that the 2 years and above age group has a unique set of needs. The Transition curriculum aims to provide developmentally appropriate Montessori materials and co-curricular activities in an organised, prepared and well-resourced environment:
- “Whole language approach” is an integrated approach which helps to develop listening skills, vocabulary, reading and writing skills.
- We emphasise the recognition of numerals and understanding of “number concepts” by using Montessori materials.
- Science exploration with simple experiments and geographic awareness using Montessori materials is an essential part of our curriculum.
- Children enjoy working with integrated art activities to explore different media and textures.
- Cultural enrichment is a big part of our curriculum with ongoing celebrations of different festivals, field days and fun events planned throughout the academic session.
- Children enjoy daily outdoor play that involves free play as well as organised games, yoga exercises and Tae-Kwon-Do.
- All Montessori classes provide concrete Montessori exercises which enable children to learn a rich variety of different concepts at their own pace and level of readiness.
- The materials and exercises are arranged from simple to complex and concrete to abstract, thus enabling our teachers to challenge each child according to their ability and interest.
- Each piece of the Montessori apparatus is designed to give children a new experience and to develop a specific concept.
Classes I & II
These classes consist of a rich amalgamation of the Montessori approach with a progressive CBSE curriculum. Children in this age group also have an opportunity to use the Montessori maths and language materials to enrich their conceptual understanding. For every subject, we engage with project based activities and emphasise theme-based learning as well.
Dr. Maria Montessori observed that it is universal among children that an astounding growth occurs in the first six years of human life. During the early years of life, the children are constructing the human being they will become, so it’s of utmost importance to provide a rich environment during their formative years.
Our curriculum covers the areas below.