We envision a world in which every child, regardless of background, becomes a healthy and productive adult.
- To provide a conducive environment for a future-oriented, holistic education, anchored in a rigorous academic programme for children.
- We nurture students to be independent life-long learners imbued with sound moral values who are respectful and responsible, and who rise to the challenges of life creatively and enthusiastically in an ever-changing world.
- To provide a stable, caring and supportive family-like environment, where students can receive mature guidance through daily interaction with able faculty and become accountable, productive, and ethical citizens.
- To inculcate the skills to think innovatively, reason critically and communicate effectively.
- To provide a resourceful learning environment wherein students can develop into "Citizens of the World”.
As each child is unique and deserves to realise his/ her own potential, the hallmarks of our educational philosophy is “Discover the Child”. American Montessori Public School has a carefully planned and structured curriculum which aims to help the children in pursuing their individual interests.
Our school believes that all students can become successful learners and that there are no predetermined limits to what students can accomplish at any age.
Stress is placed on a holistic approach to education preparing high achievers and lifelong learners. We provide a learning environment which stimulates challenges and satisfies our students. Our well-planned curriculum and diversity of co-curricular activities help students develop a well-rounded personality that will stand them in good stead as they embark upon their individual journey through life.
The Montessori Method of education, developed by Dr. Maria Montessori, is a child-centered educational approach based on scientific observations of children from birth to adulthood. Dr. Montessori’s Method has been time tested, with over 100 years of success in diverse cultures throughout the world.
It is a view of the child as one who is naturally eager for knowledge and capable of initiating learning in a supportive, thoughtfully prepared learning environment. It is an approach that values the human spirit and the development of the whole child—physical, social, emotional, cognitive.
Components necessary for a programme to be considered authentically Montessori include mixed age groupings that foster peer learning, uninterrupted blocks of work time, and guided choice of work activity. In addition, a full complement of specially designed Montessori learning materials is meticulously arranged and available for use in an aesthetically pleasing environment.
The teacher, child, and environment create a learning triangle. The classroom is prepared by the teacher to encourage independence, freedom within limits, and a sense of order. The child, through individual choice, makes use of what the environment offers to develop himself interacting with the teacher when support and/or guidance is needed.
Mixed age groupings are a hallmark of the Montessori Method: younger children learn from older children, older children reinforce their learning by teaching concepts they have already mastered. This arrangement also mirrors the real world, where individuals work and socialize with people of all ages and dispositions.